Most prompts are cluttered, ugly and slow. I wanted something visually pleasing that stayed out of my way.
- Comes with the
λprompt character. Because lambdas are cool.
gitbranch and whether it's dirty (with a
- Indicates when you have unpushed/unpulled
gitcommits with up/down triangles. (Check is done asynchronously!)
- Shows current NodeJS version on the right side. (Check is done asynchronously!)
- Prompt character turns red if the last command didn't exit with
- Command execution time will be displayed if it exceeds the set threshold.
- Username and host only displayed when in an SSH session.
- Shows the current path in the title and the current folder & command when a process is running.
Initialize the prompt system (if not so already) and choose
# .zshrc autoload -U promptinit; promptinit prompt lambda-pure
The max execution time of a process before its run time is shown when it exits. Defaults to
PURE_GIT_PULL=0 to prevent Pure from checking whether the current Git remote has been updated.
PURE_GIT_UNTRACKED_DIRTY=0 to not include untracked files in dirtiness check. Only really useful on extremely huge repos like the WebKit repo.
Time in seconds to delay git dirty checking for large repositories (git status takes > 2 seconds). The check is performed asynchronously, this is to save CPU. Defaults to
Defines the prompt symbol. The default value is
Defines the git down arrow symbol. The default value is
Defines the git up arrow symbol. The default value is
Defines the git dirty symbol. The default value is
PURE_NODE_ENABLED=0 to not display the NodeJS version.
# .zshrc autoload -U promptinit; promptinit # optionally define some options PURE_CMD_MAX_EXEC_TIME=10 prompt lambda-pure